November 21, 2012

[INTERVIEW] 121121 Yoo Seung Ho, a lead role for Operation Proposal, "If I could get back in time to the past, I want to be a student of elementary school."

by: Eri Sako

There isn’t anyone in Korea who doesn’t know "Yoo Seung Ho", but also known as "Younger brother of Korean people." He played some difficult roles perfectly like a child prodigy for act, then the next challenge he took was “Operation Proposal”, which he played a lead role as a grown adult. That was the first time for Yoo Seung Ho to play in the full scale love story, which he did it with full of charm as an adult. He got improved his carrier for playing a role from a fresh student to a mature male, he showed a diverse role such a different age in the drama successfully. Finally Seung Ho completed to make an attractive character who was loved by all viewers.
Korean drama called “Operation Proposal,” which was a remake of the popular drama made in Japan that Yamashita Tomohisa & Nagasawa Masami played in 2007. It is a romantic comedy that the lead character has realized his love for the heroine when her wedding with another guy, then he tries to defend his first love with travelling back in time to the past. The drama was produced by the company which had made the drama called “Prosecutor Princess,” and Yoon Ji-Ryon -a writer for “ Boys Over Flowers.”
Played an attractive role as Kang Baek Ho, Seung Ho has sent the official interview to us. He talks about what made him decide to accept the offer, some episodes for the filming, and show the highlight of it to Japanese fans.
 

What made you decide to play for “Operation Proposal?”
>> First I saw the original one. Then I liked the theme of this drama that Baek-Ho tries to back in time to the past for getting back his first love and change the future. It’s so attractive and I thought viewers also might enjoy feeling a new experience for the drama. I had in mind that I wanted to show you myself to be changed through the drama, but eventually I picked up the script that I felt exciting totally.
 
You had played roles as lovers with Park Eun-Bin for the drama “The Legend” and “The Great Queen Seon Deok” before, this time you two had a new experience in modern drama. How did you like it?

>> We are close in age, and we were like a friend wearing the same school uniform.
Since we had played roles in period dramas, so we couldn’t get close each other. This drama gave us time to be a friend that we were filming like real friends to wear the uniform or casual dresses in modern age.


-Do you think you are similar to Kang Baek-Ho?
>> I don’t think so. I’m a little different from Baek-Ho. Baek-Ho is a person who acts promptly without thinking well. It’s quite simple. Of course he got changed himself in last half... but I tend to think well before move, that's why he's different. Also he is good at sports, but I'm not so good that I had a hard time to play as Baek Ho. Except for that, I'm quite similar to him.

-Tell us if there’s anything difficult to act, or anything interesting episode during the filming?


>> I had a hard time to film the scene that I try to back in time to the past with saying “ Renovatio” 3 times. I had no idea how it goes when you back in time to the past, with a strong pressure into your body?  The first scene I said like that was the most embarrassing. Fortunately they performed a good editing work, so I have a memory of that scene the most. 

If you have a chance to back in time to the past, which part of it would you like the most?
>> I want to get back to be in elementary school days. I don’t think I didn’t learn at all in school time, but it’s a shame not to have completed learning 100%. Now I realized that learning might have been another good experience for me if I don’t play as an actor… I wanted to learn hard.

What is the appeal for “Operation Proposal” in Korea? Then please tell us the point of the drama that Japanese fans can be enjoyed watching more.
>> I think Japanese version has emotional aspect as Japanese in it, and also Korean version does as well. There might be a little difficult to understand. But if you see how Baek-Ho wishes to get back his first love, or how he could get Yi-Seul’s love from the past, you could more enjoy it.

Is there anything you want to try for acting in the future?
>> I know it’s difficult to show you something to act in my age, but I want to try anything if I could as a man.  Honestly I’m really looking forward to aging. When I was a child, I heard that a man will show his life on his face with age. So I look forward to myself how I could change and play well. I’m very excited to grow up, and someday I hope to play various roles like other actors overseas.


Source: Wow! Korea
Translated: Eri Sako @ YSHbiased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...