March 27, 2015

[TRANSLATION] Interview of Yoo Seung Ho in Hallyu Pia Japan Magazine for February '15 Issue

Sorry for late posting this translation dear yoopies ^-^
We are very very busy lately.. Hope you can enjoy read this.. Thank you.




TRANS:
"I am told that I am still the same. I mean they told me I haven't changed at all before I entered in the army. I am not sure if it's good for me. Actually I imagined myself of after the discharge that I got more mascular body, and grew to adulthood."
We asked him how was a reaction like from people after his discharge from the military service, then he smiled and described us like that.
It's true his smile is the same as before. We can't believe he was an absence of 2 years.
Needless to say, Yoo Seung Ho made a debut at 6 years old, and now he has a career as an actor for over 10 years.
Therefore he has so many records of growth on his screens, and we have been watched over of him through them.
"Harry" he played on "Missing You" was difficult character for acting that he smiles like an angel holding a devilish heart inside. However Yoo Seung Ho proved himself to perform his part well, which means he became an actor not a child actor. He was 19 years old at that time.
Looking back at those days, he found "he got changed a bit."
"I was egoistic a little before I entered in the army. I thought I was always right or doing the right  things. When I saw people who had different thought,  I used to think they were wrong.
Come to think of it, I realized that they are just another person that has another thought. I'm no longer getting angry at others. I've come to think that some person may have the right reason to say like that or it may possible to exists. I was glad to learn positive thinking."


TRANS:
It may took a long time for him to put in the mindset like that.
He opened his heart at the fan-meeting of 12/25 in Tokyo that "When I was watching some actors on TV in the military, I felt like defeat that they looked cool but why I was here in the military."
Actually soon after his discharge his new role were out as if it dispelled his feelings of defeat for them.
He chose a new role from many offers he got was a movie called "Joseon Magician."
The director for it was Kim Daesun who filmed "The Concubine" "Bungee jumping of their own," he has a reputation as a good at creating of diverse human events on screens. 
Yoo Seung Ho also says "I thought I lost my touch as an actor after a long absence from acting. I believe Director Kim will be able to pull me back from me like this, then decided to take the offer. I didn't think my first role after my discharge to be a movie, but roles for dramas are difficult for me to be settled in because of time restriction. If I take a role for dramas,  I may become  rushed without getting myself back together again."
He liked his role on the movie. 
"My character has a negative impression first. He is like a miserable, anyway he is always gloomy. But some happening drives him change his character to be a positive, then he finds a new way to live. The script of the movie is so good that you can understand the scenes of his emotional portrayal on the story. So seems like I will be able to do it well even if it is difficult role for me. Director Kim also explained it to me well, so I could get the charactor."
But it doesn't mean he is no worry about it. 
"I'm thinking I wonder I can play a role like before. I can't believe how I could performed before I was in the military. It was like a dream... Honestly I'm not really sure if I can show you a good perform. I don't have the confidence to do it, but if I get into the place for filming, I would remember the old me. First I need to settle in at my new job, and should do my best for it."
Before starting the role for the movie, he held the fan meeting in Korea and Japan.
He told about the fan meeting in Tokyo that he was so nervous. 
"I was happy I could meet fans in a wide age range. When I played games with fans on stage, an elderly fan went up on the stage. She said with holding my hands that 'you are like my grandson.' She was glad to meet me.
I have not do anything in Japan, but my Japanese fans watched my works on aired, coming to my fan meeting. I should do the work more for them, but I've been left them for 2 years... it was my duty but I felt sorry for them. But at the same time, I was really happy for it."
So he gave a message to fans.
"I think there are some people who don't know me in Japan.  I'd like to have a opportunity for greetings in Japan with good works in the future. First I'll complete my works in Korea, and come back to Japan soon. I promise!"


PLEASE DON'T COPY+PASTE THIS TRANSLATION IN OTHER BLOG/TUMBLR
Scan & Translated: Eri @ YSHbiased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...