May 08, 2013

[ARTICLE] 130426 Proper Youth Yoo Seung Ho, Military Life: All Clear (Yeo Sung Jung Ang April edition)

"It was impossible to join them properly by phone. I barely had the time to ask after them and if they had received my letters and the three minutes would already be over.  This is the first time I felt that three minutes could be that short. But I still bared it, and called. When I hang up, tears eventually began to flow. I wanted to hold it back, but I ended crying. These were the happiest three minutes of my life."


This is the military diary of Yoo Seung Ho which was revealed to the public through the café of the Division 27 of the Army Recruit Training Center. The experience of this short conversation with his parents is described as "The happiest three minutes in my life." Besides, some daily life moments were also unveiled such as" This morning, when I ate the special army hamburger I had been waiting for, I was really happy". This is to relieve the people who were curious about his military life by saying 'Yoo Seung Ho is fine!'


Three months ago, Yoo Seung Ho decided to enlist in the military without any notice. He took a totally different path than the other celebrities who ordinary organize a press conference and a fan meeting before enlisting.  He said that only the representative of his agency and his family were present at the site where he enlisted. After enlisting, he explained to his fansign a video and a short writing he left on his fan café the reason why he decided to go to the army and why he did it without telling everybody beforehand.
" I feel quite sorry I didn't tell you the date of my enlistment beforehand. However, I thought enlisting quietly was a way not to create any troubles to the other people who were enlisting at the same time as me. Many people are thinking that my enlistment is premature but this is a normal event to enlist at my age. As I was experiencing the life of an actor those last 10 years, I received a lot of stress and I also wanted to get out of my repetitive life. I needed a new kind of experience."

It has been a bit over a month since he enlisted. Even though, his every move is still being reported one after the other. This time, a picture of the march has been published. The "Recruit Yoo Seung Ho" who finished the latest 15 km march seems to have matured a lot during this time. It is said that even among all the recruits, his grades at training are especially good; his name is on the list of the 16 people (out of more than 250 people) who have excellent grades. Yoo Seung Ho, who has enlisted as a military 102 draft active duty, finished his 5thweek of basic military training before receiving some more training at the current battalion Division 27 of the 2nd Army Recruit Training Center. It is then expected that his assignment will be decided during May.



Yoo Seung Ho's parents, "Please, restrain your interest in his military life…"

Because of Yoo Seung Ho's choice to enlist quietly in order not to draw attention and the different path he chose regardless of people's opinion, every step of his military life is being exposed to the public and his family and agency requested people to restrain this interest. They said that they would like people to respect Yoo Seung Ho's wish to halt his actor life and to do his best as a normal young man in military duty. An agency official added that as Yoo Seung Ho's military pictures and daily life facts are made public, his parents especially are getting very upset.
"Nowadays, all the units have an internet café so when family members or friends post letters online, the company commander or the battalion commander collect them and transmits them to the soldiers. However, when seeing that even the conversation with his mother is being published, his parents who fear that it would hit the headlines can't write any letters. There are no parents who wouldn't be worried after sending their child to the army. But since they can't even write a letter (to their child), their heart must be in pain. As his agency, we also would like you to hold back your interest for the time he is living as a soldier who was called by his country. Only then will Seung Ho be able to be devoted to his military service."

The agency asked again the members of Yoo Seung Ho's fanclub not to send any letters to his unit. They said that this is not to make his fellow soldiers feel any relative deprivation. It looks like they intend to respect the private time of Yoo Seung Ho, who isn't an entertainer in many ways.
"If it wasn't the case, he wouldn't have gone to the military without anyone knowing. We may call all the reporters and have a press conference. But try to think about it.  Every other's parents who have sent their child to the army are also sad, so I would like you to control yourself and show some common sense to understand that you shouldn't go there to interview Yoo Seung Ho."

His agency also has a clear position about the time of his enlistment. "Since he didn't get into university, it is a normal event for him to go to the army. Seung Ho also thought the same. He does something normal and we are rather being a burden seeing this as something special. When he took the decision not to go to university, this was also, to be honest, the result of a simple thought. Because of his acting career, he attended half of his courses at school and didn't have time to study.  It was hard to enter university with his grades. He could have entered university through a special admission but even if he did, his situation didn't let him focus on his study so he gave up the idea to enter university." 


In 2011, Yoo Seung Ho refused a proposition of special admission and gave up the idea to enter university. When talking about going there, Yoo Seung Ho said :
"I learn acting on the spot since I was a child. If I were to enter university, I guess it would be into the Department of Theater so I didn't want to limit the opportunities of other students for a diploma. I do my best at acting in the field, and if there is something I want to study in the future, then I don't think it would be too late."

In the same way, he disclosed his thought about the army :"I didn't want to waste time being idle and decided to go to the army. This is a decision I made before filming the drama "Missing You".  I didn't have any fear about going to the army. I only wanted to receive the same treatment as other people my age and live normally."

The agency official underlined many times they wanted people to respect Yoo Seung Ho's thoughts. They said that the opinion of Yoo Seung Ho will, as expected, affect a lot the way he will be assigned. We also heard that Yoo Seung Ho's parents, just like his battalion, are worried whether they will be assigned to a difficult place to train.
"Reporters have published on the internet that Seung Ho's battalion has already received its assignment, but this is false. They are still military trainees. It is said that their assignment will be decided after they receive some more training. Nowadays, it seems like enlisted men in the military tend to give their opinion a lot. Although we don't know exactly what Seung Ho's thought is, his parents hope he will not receive a too tough assignment.They said :
'If we are to send battalions, send the Marine Corps like said at first, why were they sent to the army' (laugh) They are very worried. We don't know what will happen. It seems like we'll be able know around May.



Yoo Seung Ho's appearance, who has enlisted in the army earlier, has been revealed to the public. You can feel the "Recruit Yoo Seung Ho" who immersed well in the military discipline through his serious glance and straight standing posture.

Yoo Seung Ho's mind before joining the army…

Recently, Yoo Seung Ho's photo bookin which he poured, before enlisting, his thankful heart towards his fans who will be waiting for him for 2 years, has been released. This is a project he had been planning even since before beginning to film the drama 'Missing You', and he had scheduled it to be published just after he joined the army. This is also a (fan) service for Yoo Seung Ho's fans to whom he didn't say goodbye before enlisting. 
The photobook "Spring snow, and…" has been genuinely filled with pictures which captured Yoo Seung Ho's everyday life, as well as the worries and thoughts he has when being at the border between a child actor and a grown man, his trivial tastes, his honest heart just before enlisting and his dreams and resolutions for the future.

To begin, he drew attention on the worries about his actor life and one of his resolutions by saying "I'll become an actor who goes all the way". As he stands at the border between a child actor and a grown man, he recalled the time when he was impatient and concluded naturally by telling us about that period.
"Each time I saw an article about famous foreign child actors who were going on a not so smooth path of life, I felt anxious and also impatient. If I say I didn't have any compulsion about my appearance and my success, it would be a lie. Just like my friends, should I also find my way by studying? Should I try doing sports? While having interest in this and that, I tried to find a way other than acting. However, in the end, I felt the most at ease when I was acting."

He said the same kind of things in his past interview. He confessed seriously :"I couldn't enjoy acting. I began acting a bit unwillingly because of my parents. Of course, now I'm thankful to them but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to continue this way (acting). " and he added "Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing now if I wasn't an actor. I tried to study. When I was in school, my grades weren't embarrassing but I didn't understand the use. I studied because my parents wanted me to, but I didn't find it interesting at all. I also tried doing sports for my health.  However, showing of my special skills at sport wasn't something I enjoyed. I tried everything, but my heart was only at ease when it came to acting. Seeing that, I am really thankful to all those who helped me until now. "He said it was because he wanted to break free from the words "You're still young".

"If athletes train a lot, their body becomes better and their skills improve. However, it is slightly different for actors. The age is a constraint. I felt anxious when I saw people fighting and growing up, and I wanted to do better, but each time I heard a lot people saying "You're still young". Middle school students can't even do actions or melodramas and since they can't film bed scene for the time being, no matter how good they are, child actor are still child indeed. Nowadays, my biggest worry is also that people only remember me as the kid of the movie "The Way Home". I want to diversify. I have to make a name as an adult actor. However, I can't do anything but wait for this time. There's a saying that the life of a male actor who used to live with confidence emerge. I want to show you an acting founded on my experience once I became fully an adult by going through difficult and common things.

This is from an interview made 6 months before he entered the army. In past too, each time he couldn't be acknowledged as a full adult actor because of his child actor image, he felt desolated as if he was bumping into a wall and this well-known person felt heavily burdened as he wanted to live his life freely just like his same age friends. Already when he was a child, as the best child actor of South Korea, the public had a lot of expectations for him, but until he turned 20 years old after passing through adolescence, this was a time when he had a lot of burden and worries. He was able to find the solution to his worries through the drama 'Missing You'. 'Harry', wholives uncomfortably with the trauma of having been abandoned by his mother and is nervously obsessed over whether the woman he loves will ever leave him. He had a go with a difficult character who is a serial killer and a psychopath, and he was able to leave a strong impression to his fans. In his photo book, he confessed that even after the drama finished, it was hard to get out of theafter image of the dark and depressed character Harry. It was his last work before going to the army, and it seems like because he used all his soul and might with passion more than ever before for this psychopath role, the after shock was quite long.
"I hate obvious characters. To be honest, I wanted to play a true psychopath character that we can see in movies instead of usually in dramas. As I become mature, I had the thirst for an intense and unusual role. It was really a chance for me to portray the role of Harry in 'Missing You'."

After the end of the drama, he directly left for Japan. There, seeing people surfing at the beach of Kamakura, he thought he absolutely had to learn how to surf in the future. He said that with the long trip of his military service ahead, he organized his mind during his trip to Japan and added to look as much as deem fit at thecharming and free inner side of a 20 years old youth that can't becapturedanymore if not right now. 
"Now that I entered a wide world, I want to live many experiences. As I got older, my determination grew bigger as I observed the sunbaes who overflow with charm and have as many wrinkles as years of experience. I also intend to delay going to university and finish my military service first. Since I lived my life neatly as a young boy, now I want to use my time as an adult traveling."


The keywords to read the 20 years old Yoo Seung Ho

Stress : "As an actor, I received a lot of stress. At these times, I sometimes also get angry and I need to calm down but I thought that expressing my delight was more painful. Therefore, I always endured it. I used to cry alone at home. I intended to overcome the stress by enduring it and I think Iover come it up to a certain extent."

The entertainment job : "Even though I'm the kind of person who really hate speaking in public, I'm amazed myself to think that I am an entertainer. Even now, the entertainment job is something I dislike forever. But I can do nothing about it since it's a part of my life."

The privilege of youth : "When I am in the army, I want to try to study various languages. English,  Japanese, Spanish, Chinese… To travel to many countries and gain experience.  Isn't it the privilege of youth ?

The charm of a man : "I think that the charm of a man is his wrinkles. I was impressed that foreign actors say they like growing old. This made me look forward to beinga middle age man."   Yoo Seung Ho Photo Book "Spring snow, and…"


Source: http://woman.joinsmsn.com/article/article.asp?aid=13363
Translated: Alex
Shared: YSHbiased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...